SOUTH POINT RETURN-TO-RES ONLINE BOOKING APPLICATIONS OPEN ON MONDAY, 08 JUNE 2020
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: 06 JUNE 2020
As SA moved into Level 3 from 01 June 2020, SouthPoint and the universities are gearing up for the return of students to contact learning and residential living. SouthPoint will take a phased approach with students returning to its residences, which will reopen to selected students from 8am on Monday, 15 June 2020.
Returns will be managed through SouthPoint’s online application portal, with the process as follows:
- MEET THE CRITERIA: Under Level 3, and as outlined by the Minister of Higher Education, Dr Blade Nzimande, only students who meet specific criteria will be able to return. Criteria to meet prior to applying on the portal:
- Students who are in the final year of their programmes, scheduled to graduate in 2020; or
- Final year students who require access to labs, tech equipment, data and connectivity; or
- Health Science students in all years of study who require clinical training; or
- Post-Grad students who require lab and tech equipment; or
- Vulnerable students who face extreme difficulties in their home learning environments (e.g. those who don’t have reliable access to Wi-Fi or connectivity; those who live in unsafe or overcrowded environments; those whose home facilities are not conducive to studying; those whose family dynamics have a negative impact on your ability to study).
- USE THE ONLINE APPLICATION PORTAL, WHICH OPENS AT MIDNIGHT ON MON, 08 JUNE 2020:
If you meet the above criteria, then log on to https://intake.staysouthpoint.co.za ) and fill in
the health screening survey. Please note that the online health screening is compulsory.
- MAKE SURE YOUR ACCOUNT IS UP-TO-DATE: Only students whose accounts are up-to-date
will be allowed to return.
- AWAIT YOUR CONFIRMATION FROM SOUTHPOINT: Please note that you will not be able
to return to residence until you receive an official confirmation communication from SouthPoint. Please note that no walk-ins will be accepted and that all students’ biometrics have been deactivated as a health and safety precaution – you will not have access to your building without completing this process.
If you have any further queries or concerns around the return process, or your account, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org (please note that this email address is only monitored during standard
office working hours, so there may be a delay in our response to after-hours queries).