IMPORTANT TIPS AND REMINDERS TO KEEP IN MIND BEFORE RETURNING TO YOUR SOUTHPOINT RES
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: 18 JUNE 2020 [updated]
As you know, a ‘normal’ SouthPoint intake is super-busy. And, as part of the first phase of Level 3 returning to contact learning and residential living, we need to do another one. Our second intake during the COVID-19 pandemic will be a bit more complicated and will take more time, due to social distancing and health protocols, so we ask that you remain patient and keep the following in mind.
Must-know information around SouthPoint’s return process:
- APPROVAL PERMIT FROM YOUR INSTITUTION: Firstly and most importantly, you need to receive an official approval from your institution. This approval must be attached to your SouthPoint application as outlined in the next point.
- USE THE ONLINE APPLICATION PORTAL: Only students who have applied online and received approval on the portal will be able to come back to their buildings – please note that no walk-ins will be allowed. Log on to https://intake.staysouthpoint.co.za and fill in the health screening survey. Please note that the online health screening is compulsory.
- AWAIT YOUR CONFIRMATION FROM SOUTHPOINT: Please note that you will not be able to return to residence until you receive an official confirmation communication from SouthPoint.
- NO WALK-INS WILL BE ACCEPTED: All students biometrics have been deactivated as a health and safety precaution – you won’t have access to your building without completing the formal process.
- REPORT TO SOUTH POINT’S OFFICES ON ARRIVAL: You’ll need to complete your health screening and fingerprint activation.
- OFFICE HOURS: 8am to 5pm; our doors will close at 4pm in order for us to process everyone. The office will also operate on Saturdays from 9am to 2pm (closed on Sundays). We strongly advise that students adhere to these hours, however, in unforeseen circumstances that results in late arrival, please contact your residence coordinator during officer hours to make arrangements.
- PLEASE BE PATIENT: Due to social distancing, only a limited number of students will be allowed in the office at any given time.
- DON’T FORGET YOUR KEYS! Our key centre will not be fully operational during our intake times.
If you have any further queries or concerns around the return process, or if you experience issues with your application, you may contact email@example.com (please note that this email address is only monitored during standard
office working hours, so there may be a delay in our response to after-hours queries).